Semester: Wintersemester 2017/2018
HSD Enhancing Teacher Professional Development and Research-Based Learning processes. Twitter as a twofold Community tool
- Fr , 15.12.2017 10:15 - 11:45
Zielgruppe: Lehrende der Universität Oldenburg
Twitter is a powerful communication tool as microblogging application and social networking site. In the Twitter world, educators can find many opportunities to connect and interact with other education personalities and institutions around the globe, share their experiences, be up to date in their teaching areas and ask for support from others. Some of these uses can also be applied to didactic context, especially in the first and last phases of research-based learning situations. For these reasons, Twitter has been considered an effective way as community tool for teacher professional development, as well as an interesting didactic tool in class to enhance some research-based learning processes.
In this workshop, the participants will go deeper on the possibilities of Twitter as a teacher professional development tool, by connecting and interacting with other educators and institutions, and will get an insight of it as didactic tool in class to enhance some of the research-based learning processes.
The workshop will be held in English.
● Identify and reflect on the opportunities that Twitter provides for university teachers as a means of professional development.
● Connect and interact with other university teachers, subject-matter experts and institutions of interest through Twitter.
● Consider the community tool Twitter as another tool possibility to enhance specific research-based learning processes.
- Hands-on activity in the workshop
- Individual and work group