The Institute for Chemistry and Biology of the Marine Environment (ICBM) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg invites applications for a
Postdoctoral Researcher, Marine Biogeochemistry
(full time, pay rate E13 TV-L, fixed term until 31 Dec. 2021)
The postdoctoral researcher will be part of the Research Group for Marine Geochemistry within the framework of DFG Collaborative Research Center Roseobacter (TRR 51) within project A8 "Linking the exometabolome of selected pelagic organisms of the Roseobacter group to marine dissolved organic matter". A central aspect will be the evaluation and multivariate statistical interpretation of complex data sets both from laboratory experiments and from natural marine environments, including major oceanographic transects.
- Integration of information on bacterial exometabolome and marine DOM composition and relation to (meta)genomic and (meta)transcriptomic information.
- Multivariate statistical evaluation and interpretation of complex data sets.
- Participation in incubation experiments to study bacterial exometabolomes.
- Chemical analyses for molecular characterization of exometabolome and DOM samples using ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometry (FT-ICR-MS).
- Advising of students, occasional teaching.
- Presentation of results in project meetings, conferences, and in scientific journals.
Required skills and experience:
- Academic university degree (master or equivalent) in natural sciences.
- PhD in environmental sciences, chemical oceanography, or related fields.
- Experience in multivariate statistics, and programming with "R" or "Matlab".
- Strong record of scientific publications.
- Ability for and willingness to work in a multidisciplinary, international team and to communicate with external partners.
- Very good command of spoken and written English.
- Readiness for business travels and occasional participation on research cruises.
Application deadline: 10 August 2018
Starting date: as soon as possible
International applications are explicitly welcome. The compatibility of work and family life is of particular concern to the University of Oldenburg. Therefore, it offers the opportunity for flexible working time and workplaces. Equal opportunity is an inherent part of our personnel policy. We are particularly welcoming applications from qualified women. Applicants with disabilities will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification. The position is suitable for part-time work.
Applications, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of three references, qualifying documentation (final academic records, list of publications, awards) and a one-page research statement should be submitted by email in a single pdf-file to email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this job offer, please feel free to contact Dr. Jutta Niggemann (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Dr. Thorsten Dittmar (email@example.com).
Universitätseigene Stellenausschreibungen werden ausschließlich erst nach Bestätigung durch die/den jeweilige(n) PersonalsachbearbeiterIn des Dezernates 1 und anschließender Weiterleitung hierher aufgenommen.