« Zurück zur Übersicht

The Department of Chemistry at the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences invites applications for a

Professor of Inorganic Chemistry (W2)

starting on 1 April 2019. The successful candidate is expected to be able to teach the complete curriculum of Inorganic Chemistry in Bachelor, Master and PhD programs. We are seeking for a scientist of international recognition documented by publications in international journals and successful third-party grant applications. Possible candidates will establish a research project with a focus on "Chemical Bond Activation". The candidate's research should integrate into the existing research foci established at the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the University. Active participation in the cooperation of the Universities Oldenburg and Bremen is expected.

The formal requirements are specified by § 25 Niedersächsisches Hochschulgesetz (NHG). Furthermore, additional scientific activities (i.e. publications in international scientific journals) and independent fund raising is expected.

The University of Oldenburg is an equal-opportunities employer and seeks to increase the percentage of women in science. In case of equal qualifications, women will be given preference. Applicants with disabilities will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualifications. The position is suitable for part-time employment.

Applications (including a CV, a structured list of publications including up to three copies of selected publications, a summary of past and present research projects including an account of third party funds, a concept for future research activities, a list of previously taught courses and lectures (with evaluation record if available), and copies of academic certificates to prove qualification according to § 25 NHG) should be addressed to the Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Direktor des Instituts für Chemie, D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany, (, no later than 15 April 2018.


Universitätseigene Stellenausschreibungen werden ausschließlich erst nach Bestätigung durch die/den jeweilige(n) PersonalsachbearbeiterIn des Dezernates 1 und anschließender Weiterleitung hierher aufgenommen.