The University of Oldenburg has the following vacancy within its Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law in the research group of Prof. Dr. Kerstin Lopatta:
1 PhD Position (Doktorandin/Doktorand - 3 year duration, 100 %)
1 Assistant (Postdoc - 3 year duration, 100 %) in
Empirical Financial Accounting, Audit and Corporate Governance
Economics, Econometrics and Sustainability
(M/F) pay grade E 13 TV-L (100 %)
Starting November 2017 or later
Duration 3 years
The successful candidate will be working with the supervisor and within the Accounting, Audit, Finance and Taxation research group.
- The assistant's main task will consist in contributing to research in the area of empirical financial accounting, audit and corporate governance (Profile A) or in the area of economics, econometrics and sustainability (Profile B)
- Assisting Professor Lopatta in her teaching activities and contributing to the teaching
- Master's degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance, Economics or Econometrics or a related field (PhD)
- Attending the PhD program
- PhD/doctoral degree in business administration with a specialisation in accounting/corporate governance and/or one other field, e.g., finance/econometrics/auditing (Postdoc)
For both PhD and Postdoc applicants:
- Strong empirical research orientation
- Candidates with an interest in sustainability-related topics are very welcome
- Excellent STATA skills; proficiency in Python, R, or SAS would be an asset (for PhD applicants Proficiency in STATA will be sufficient)
- Language skills capable of evolving in a multilingual environment
- International experience (e.g., as visiting scholar, foreign student) and/or work experience would be an asset
- Team skills
- Preparing a doctoral thesis or habilitation
- Exciting international and research oriented environment
- Thriving community
- Internationally established research community
Applications should be submitted in English and must include a motivation letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, and a copy of a diploma or master's degree (including academic transcript) plus PhD/doctoral degree, one selected working paper and one selected publication (for Postdoc applicants only). Please indicate whether you apply for profile A or profile B.
The position is suitable for part-time work.
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of female employees in the field of science and encourages applications from female candidates.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference provided they are equally qualified.
For further information, please contact Professor Kerstin Lopatta. Applications should be sent preferably electronically to the following address before October 10th, 2017: email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) or by mail to:
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Lopatta
Professur für Accounting and Corporate Governance
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Fakultät II - Department für Wirtschafts- und Rechtswissenschaften
Universitätseigene Stellenausschreibungen werden ausschließlich erst nach Bestätigung durch die/den jeweilige(n) PersonalsachbearbeiterIn des Dezernates 1 und anschließender Weiterleitung hierher aufgenommen.