English Studies (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
You want to apply for a Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme in English Studies.
Most important points
- The study course is admission free.
- Enrolment for beginning students is possible in winter semester.
- First day of enrolment: July 16th 2018
- Enrolment deadline: October 15th 2018
- Enrolment: Click here
Special admission requirements
Proof of a very good command of English:
- At registration with school leaving certificate or diploma with an acceptable grade in English at a higher level (equivalent to the German Abitur with at least 11 points in English at a higher level) or
- One of the following international tests:
- CAE = C
- CPE = C
- IELTS Academic = 6.5
- TOEFL ibT = 95, cbT = 240
- TOEFL ITP = 587 (The test can be performed only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
- This requirement does not apply to native speakers of English.
Certificates or school leaving certificates may not be older than two years, and evidence of language skills must be provided at the time of enrolment.
- Website Certificate in advanced English (CAE)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Website International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
- Website TOEFL-Test
- Website TOEFL (ITP) (only at Sprachenzentrum of University of Oldenburg)
Fees and tuition
Normal fees and tuition, more details .
A very good command of German is required.
With a university-entry qualification from outside of Germany you need to apply through uni-assist
See the Registrar's Office for detailed information and support.
Apply early! Visas take time!