Music (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Music
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Music can be studied either in connection with a non-school related career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects (in German) for each teaching position.
Orientation and Goals
The programme content is significantly geared towards the practical demands of the profession. Practical, theoretical, academic, and teaching oriented aspects of music are closely interlinked in this programme. Traditional forms of European art music, together with popular music, jazz, new music technologies and present forms of art music, form important practical and theoretical elements in this study programme.
Foreign Language Skills
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
Train qualified music teachers for schools through the dual-subject bachelor's programme in combination with a corresponding master of education programme.
Train students for careers in promoting music (music journalism, music editing, music management, music social work, dramaturgy, etc.) through the dual-subject bachelor's programme in combination with a corresponding master of arts programme (Applied Music Studies or Integrated Media).
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Music (in German).
Target Group/Admission Requirements
Applications were accepted until May 2nd.
Music - Entrance Exam
Please pay also attention to the admission requirements.
- Kurzbeschreibung Musik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Studienverlaufsplan Musik (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Music (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Musik (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]