Art and Media (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
Within the scope of the Dual-subject Bachelor, you can take Art and Media
- as a primary or secondary dual subject (60 ECTS) or
- as a Minor (30 ECTS) combined with a Major
Art and Media can be studied either in connection with a non-school related career goal or as a professional teaching qualification. If you want to become a teacher, you must follow the combinations of subjects (in German) for each teaching position.
Orientation and Goals
Foreign Language Skills
German Language Proficiency
You can proof your German language proficiency with the following language certificates:
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
Those who wish to continue their studies can do so in several related master's programmes. Examples of these include Art and Media Studies (M.A.), Integrated Media - Audiovisual Media in Practice, Theory, and Transmission (single subject master), Cultural Analysis (single subject master), Museum and Exhibition (single subject master). Students who intend to become teachers can continue their studies with a subsequent Master of Education.
If students are interested in a non-school-related goal, more information can be found at the professional field of Cultural Studies (in German).
Target Group/Admission Requirements
Art and Media - Entrance Exam application until 1st June (in German)
Please pay also attention to special admission requirements!
- Kurzbeschreibung Kunst- und Medien (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Studienverlaufsplan Kunst und Medien (B.A./B.Sc.) [pdf]
- Fächerkombinationen Lehramt [pdf]
- Current courses for Art and Media (Dual-Subject Bachelor's Programme)
- Internetseite Kunst und Medien (B.A./B.Sc.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Zwei-Fächer-Bachelorstudiengang (B.A./B.Sc.) bis 2021 [pdf]