Dr. Shokoufeh Rastgar
Date of Birth: 24/04/1983
Place of Birth: Ghaemshahr, Iran
Marital Status: Married
Education and Research Career
1 April 2015-until 30 April 2018 (Current): Postdoctoral Researcher, in Prof. Dr. Gunther ‘s Wittstock ‘s group, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany.
2013-2014: Researcher, Electrochemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
March 2012-October 2012: PhD Visiting Researcher, in Prof. Hubert Girualt’s group in Ecole Polytechnique de Federal of Lausanne (EPFL) University, Lausanne, Switzerland.
2008-2013: PhD, in Prof. Saeed Shahrokhian’s group, Analytical Electrochemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
2006-2008: MS.c. in Prof. Saeed Shahrokhian’s group, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Sharif University Of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
2001-2005: B.S.c. Pure Chemistry, Chemistry Department, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran.
M.Sc. Thesis: Investigation of the electrochemical behavior of catechol and derivatives catechol in the presence of thiol compounds as a nucleophile: Application to electrochemical synthesis.
Ph. D Thesis: Chemically modified electrode based on carbon nanostructures and metal nanoparticles: preparation, characterization and sensory application in determination of the pharmaceutical and biological compounds in drug and clinical analysis.
Ph.D visiting career: Oxygen reduction at soft interfaces catalyzed by in situ generated reduced graphene oxide.
Postdoctoral researching career: Photoelectrochemcially Generated Intermediates on Catalyst Surfaces -New In Situ Measurement Techniques Applied in Photoassisted Electrocatalytic Oxidation
Electrochemistry at the solid/liquid interfaces: Preparation of novel nanoscaled materials via electrochemically (mostly) and chemically (partly) procedures, Design and Development of modified electrode based on nanocomposites by using: electrochemical and physical deposition, inkjet printing technology and self-assembled monolayers, Characterization of nanostructured based modified electrode in order to study the structure, morphology, spectroscopy, conductance and electrochemical characteristics of the modified electrode surface, Application of the (bio) nanostructured modified electrode in: electroanalysis of some pharmaceutically and biologically important compounds, electrocatalysis (Oxygen Reduction Reaction; ORR), study of electrochemical behavior of drugs and DNA bases and their electron transfer mechanism at the electrode surface.
Electrochemistry at the nano-based Liquid / liquid interfaces: Preparation of reduced graphene oxide (RGO) at the liquid/liquid interface, Characterization of RGO prepared at the liquid/liquid interface, Potentiostatic and chemical polarization of the interface in order to doing biphasic electrochemical measurements and biphasic shake flask experiments to production of hydrogen peroxide at interface and also evaluation the kinetic behavior of catalytically oxygen reduction reaction (ORR).
Electrochemistry in bulk solution: Bulk electrolysis application in electrochemical synthesis of some pharmaceutically and biologically important compounds by using of controlled-potential coulometry in a divided H-type cell as a green procedure (Bulk Electrolysis).
1 May 2016- 30 April 2018 (upcoming): Awarded Alexander von Humboldt Foundation research fellowship as a postdoctoral researcher for 24 months (time period of 1 April 2016- 30 May 2018) in Carl Von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg.
1 January 2016- 30 April 2016 (upcoming): Awarded German Language Course Scholarship of Alexander von Humboldt foundation for 4 months (time period of 1 January 2016- 30 May 2016).
2014: Awarded Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg Foundation Fellowship (Institute for Advanced Study) as a researcher for 10 months by 30 December 2015 in Carl Von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg.
2013: Awarded the National Elite Foundation in Iran as a top postgraduate.
2013: Awarded the Nanotechnology Prize for Ph.D thesis from Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative.
Mar. 2012- Oct. 2012: Awarded the EPFLUniversity’s scholarship in Switzerland for PhD visiting career.
2009-2012: Awarded the Nanotechnology Prize for five papers from Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative.
2006: Ranked 9th in the eleventh Scientific Olympiad for University Students among all candidates
2006: Entrance Exam of M. Sc: 9 (Analytical Chemistry: 3, Organic Chemistry: 4, Inorganic Chemistry: 4, physical Chemistry: 17) among all candidates (approximately 10000).
1. Rastgar, S.; Deng, H.; Cortes-Salazar, F.; Scanlon, M. D.; Pribil, M.; Amstutz, V.; Karyakin, A.A.; Shahrokhian, S.; Girault, H. H. (2014): Oxygen Reduction at Soft Interfaces Catalyzed by in situ Generated Reduced Graphene Oxide, In: ChemElectroChem 1, 59-63.
2. Rastgar, S.; Shahrokhian, S. (2014): Nickel Hydroxide Nanoparticles-Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets Film: Layer-by-Layer Electrochemical Preparation, Characterization and Rifampicin Sensory Application, In: Talanta 119, 156–163.
3. Rastgar, S.; Shahrokhian, S. (2012): Construction of an Electrochemical Sensor based on the Electrodeposition of Au – Pt Nanoparticles Mixtures on Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes Film for Voltammetric Determination of Cefotaxime, In: Analyst 137, 2706 – 2715.
4. Rastgar, S.; Shahrokhian, S. (2012): Electrochemical Deposition of Gold Nanoparticles on Carbon nanotube Coated Glassy Carbon Electrode for the Improved Sensing of Tinidazole, In: Electrochimica Acta 78, 422-429.
5. Rastgar, S.; Shahrokhian, S.; Amini, M. K.; Adeli, M. (2012): Fabrication of a Modified Electrode Based on Fe3O4NPs/MWCNT Nanocomposite: Application to Simultaneous Determination of Guanine and Adenine in DNA, In: Bioelectrochemistry 86, 78–86.
6. Rastgar, S.; Shahrokhian, S. (2011): Electrodeposition of Pt-Ru Nanoparticle in Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Composite: Application to Sensitive Voltammetric Determination of Methyldopa, In: Electrochimica Acta 58, 125-133.
7. Rastgar, S. Shahrokhian, S. (2010): Investigation of the Electrochemical Behavior of Catechol and 4-methylcatechol in the Presence of Methyl Mercapto Thiadiazol as a Nucleophile: Application to Electrochemical Synthesis. In: Journal of Applied Electrochemistry 40, 115-222.
8. Lesch, A.; Cortes Salazar, F.; Prudent, M.; Delobel, J.; Rastgar, S.; Lion, N.; Tissot, J.D.; Tacchini, P.; Girault, H.H. (2014): Large Scale Inkjet-Printing of Carbon Nanotubes Electrodes for Antioxidant Assays in Blood Bags. In: Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 717-718, 61-68.
9. Shahrokhian, S.; Salimian, R.; Rastgar, S. (2014): Pd–Au Nanoparticle Decorated Carbon Nanotube as a Sensing Layer on the Surface of Glassy Carbon Electrode for Electrochemical Determination of Ceftazidime. In: Materials Science and Engineering C 34, 318-325.