Transfer of Appropriate Requirements for Global Education and Technology
Target is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project coordinated by the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden. This multicountry project support the development of Higher Education in Central Asia as a top priority and will help to develop the economic situation and increase the life standard as a side effect.
The role of higher education is of growing importance, since it solves the problems of formatting the local economies, by ensuring a smooth and sustainable transition to the next level of innovation and intensive development.
The project brings together a multidisciplinary consortium providing a unique opportunity to develop innovative new academic programmes and courses that will provide a common educational core while, at the same time, enabling students to choose elective modules according to their professional development needs and personal interests.
The TARGET project helps to provide a skilled and knowledgeable professional workforce capable of working at a high level within local and regional universities programmes with the support of new research Technologies. The project recruits students and staff from different areas and professions.
During the project life, the students are taught and trained by top-level specialists from the EU partner universities which will also enable the partners to establish different network links for future research, education and innovation activities within the project and beyond for further joint actions in the frame of EU projects and with own national and regional funding made available to promote the cooperation between the two areas.
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology – Sweden (Coordinator)
- Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg - Germany
- Johannes Kepler University Linz – Austria
- University of Technology of Belfort-Montbeliard – France
- Politecnico di Torino – Italy
- University of L’Aquila – Italy
- Universitat Politècnica de València - Spain
Central Asian partners
- Kazakh-British Technical University
- Kazakh National Technical University after K.I.Satpaev
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University
- Bishkek Academy of Finance and Economics
- Kyrgyz State Technical University
- Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture named after N. Isanov
- Institute of Economy and Trade of Tajik State University of Commerce
- Technological University of Tajikistan
- Khujand Branch of Technological University of Tajikistan
- Tajik State University of Commerce
- Bukhara State University
- Tashkent University of Information Technologies
- Namangan Engineering and Economical Institute
September 2010 – June 2014