Working in international teams
16. Oktober 2015, 13:30 , 18:00
A successful career is characterized by expertise and expecially by soft skills such as personal, social and management skills. Expecially the practical training of these skills is important. Therefore, the participants of the professionalization program "Schlüsselkompetenzen in Studium und Beruf" can take part in a theoretical and practical training which connects theoretical input with a practical training.
The course "Working in international teams" aims at international and German students. You will get input to questions suchs as
• What is culture and how does it affect us?
• Culture shock – when does it occur / phases / what to do about it
• Chances and risks when working in international teams
• How to deal with difficulties
Another part of the course will be discussions about aspects such as
• Living situations
• The importance of family
• Religion and politics
of the different cultures present.
• Get in contact with students from other cultures
• Get an hands-on idea of how it feels to work in an international team
• Create an awareness of the impact of culture on each of us
• Learn how to deal with difficulties arising out of cultural differences
• For international students: Learn about German culture to ease understanding
The workshop comprises three half-days from October to December 2015:
Friday 16th October
Wednesday 11th November
Wednesday 16th of December 2015
(Time 1:30 - 6:00 pm)
This course is open for PhD students of the Graduate School Oltech and will be credited with 2 CP.