Job Hunting and Interview Skills for Natural Scientists - An Alternative Approach
29. September 2015, 09:00 - 30. September 2015, 17:00
Trainer: Rob Thompson
You probably spend at least a half of your waking time at work. It is really important that you get the right job. A job that uses your skills, working with people you connect with.
The workshop will teach you alternative methods to the usual and well-known ways of job hunting. Methods that will allow you to:
- Access the hidden job market of unadvertised positions
- Reliably find an institute or company and position within it that is right for you
- Actively manage the progress of your search (rather than send your CV and hope for a positive response)
- Give yourself the edge over others who use the more traditional methods of CV and covering letter
- Become the “preferred candidate” or even have positions created specifically for you.
- Gather the information needed to aid salary negotiations
- Job hunt in a way that is interesting and not demoralising
Please note: DO NOT attend this workshop if you just want to learn how to create a CV and covering letter or fill in online applications.
The workshop will include practise interviews and a section on improving self-confidence to help you remain motivated.
Please register via StudIP