Semester: Wintersemester 2016/2017
3.02.406 Ü English for Educational Purposes: Teaching Grammar and Vocabulary
- Donnerstag: 16:00 - 18:00, wöchentlich
This practical course has several distinct aims:
* To consider whether, what and how to teach grammar and vocabulary. Why do we teach it? Should we do so? What is important? What isn’t? What works? What doesn’t?
* To introduce students to various strategies, techniques and resources for teaching English grammar and vocabulary in a classroom situation
* To provide both practice at and feedback on grammar and vocabulary teaching.
Ideally, students will also work on developing their own knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary!
* * *
This course is most suitable for students in MEd programmes who will go on to teach slightly older learners (the focus on grammar is not really appropriate for primary schools) and is heavily classroom-focussed (so is not ideal for anyone planning not to become a teacher) although all students are welcome.
- ang702 English Language Teaching
- ang900 English Skills for Proficiency