Semester: Wintersemester 2016/2017
50.01.002 MATLAB Programming Course
- Di , 28.03.2017 09:00 - 17:00
- Do , 30.03.2017 09:00 - 17:00
- Fr , 31.03.2017 09:00 - 17:00
- Mi , 29.03.2017 09:00 - 17:00
- Mo , 27.03.2017 09:00 - 17:00
Participants: minimum of 5 / maximum of 15
Location: W15 1-146
Writing custom programs is often required to extract information from large experimental data-sets, beginning with reading non-standard file formats, cleaning data, and extracting relevant statistics. Aiming at non-programmers, this course trains participants to process and visualise their own data using MATLAB.
The curriculum comprises fundamentals of programming, such as the concept of variables, looping and branching, and writing functions, as well as specifics on data import/export of different file-formats, alongside various graphical data-representations. Further topics will be chosen during the course according to the participants needs.
The course consists of lectures and accompanying practical exercises.
Laptops will be provided
- olt165 Additional module "Transferable Skills"
- olt403 Special techniques "Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity"