5.04.6610 Modern Methods in Optical Microscopy
- Montag: 16:00 - 18:00, wöchentlich
Please subscribe as well in 5.04.4661 Vorlesung: Applied Photonics I / Spectrophysics to get necessary documents and information.
The seminar "Modern Methods in Optical Microscopy" is part of "Advanced Metrology" and might be offered parallel with the seminar of "Applied Photonics I / Spectrophysics" (depending on the amount of participants). Examination: presentation in each part.
- Demonstrate knowledge, fundamental understanding and critical awareness of current research fields in state-of-the-art optical microscopy.
- Personal development through practice of communication, presentation, time management, teamwork, problem solving, project management, critical evaluation, numeracy, and IT skills.
- Students are able to prepare a written scientific report on their own and present their results in an appropriate way to the group; in particular to understand, analyze, classify and work on an advanced microscopy topic, thoroughly study the recommended (and further) literature; find and critically check relevant literature make and incorporate their own thoughts, write down and present their results in a mathematically correct and comprehensible way, finish in time.
Topics to be covered will include: microscopy, wave optics, optical imaging, spatial/temporal coherence, light generation/detection, e.g.:
- Confocal microscopy
- Superresolution microscopy
- Single Molecule Imaging
- Imaging of living tissue
- Raman microscopy
- Stochastic microscopy