Semester: Sommersemester 2017
5.04.4072 Computational Fluid Dynamics I
- Donnerstag: 08:00 - 10:00, wöchentlich
Deeper understanding of the fundamental equations of fluid dynamics.
Overview of numerical methods for the solution of the fundamental equations of fluid dynamics.
Confrontation with complex problems in fluiddynamics.
To become acquainted with different, widely used CFD models that are used to study complex problems in fluid dynamics.
Ability to apply these CFD models to certain defined problems and to critically evaluate the results of numerical models.
CFD I: The Navier-Stokes equations, filtering / averaging of Navier- Stokes equations, introduction to numerical methods, finite- differences, finite-volume methods, linear equation systems, NS-solvers, RANS, URANS, LES, DNS, turbulent flows, incompressible flows, compressible flows, efficiency and accuracy.
- mar730 Energiesysteme (ES)
- phy350 Vertiefungsmodul II
- phy611 Theoretical Methods
- phy664 Specialization II
- olt505 Subject-oriented techniques/ knowledge
- olt507 Additional module "Specific knowledge"