Master of Arts "Sport and Lifestyle"
Please note that these pages are currently under construction!
Sports has a high social significance: as a leisure activity, as a profession or as a media spectacle. Here, sport dedication and consumption of sports are closely related to cultural, milieu-and gender lifestyles. As an interdisciplinary cross sectional discipline Sport Science offers the great opportunity to shed light on sports-related lifestyles of social science and natural science perspectives alike. The focus of the master programme "Sport and lifestyle" at the University of Oldenburg lies on the crucial question of the connection of modern societies in the future between social situations, cultural tendencies and the people dealing with body and movement.
The research-oriented study is to enable its graduates to design target-group-oriented sports and health services for people from different social backgrounds, age and gender affiliations, and / or to evaluate them. It is responding to increasingly urgent social questions and inquiries. Among others concerns these are:
- the influence of social inequalities on the commitment to sports, health and nutrition behaviour;
- the social and personal consequences of an increasing body and sports cult;
- the possibilities and limits of sports as social media and cultural integration;
- demographic evolutions that call for an improvement in the participation opportunities for the elderly in sports and thus on culture and society.
Specialized Course Counselling
- Requirements: Bachelor degree in Sport Science or a technically related degree with at least 60 KP.
- Information on the registration and the application can be found on the following page:
- Application and registration (G)
- Duration of studies: 4 semesters
- Amount: 120 KP