Ali Aroudi was with the Speech Processing Group at university of Sharif, Tehran, Iran, from 2010 to 2012. He received his master degree in Electrical Engineering in 2012. Currently, he is a Ph.D. student in the Signal Processing Group at the University of Oldenburg.
- Brain-computer interface
- Single and multichannel speech enhancement
- Machine learning
- A. Aroudi, H. Veisi, and H. Sameti, “Hidden markov model-based speech enhancement using multivariate laplace and gaussian distributions,” IET Signal Processing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 177–185, 2015.
- A. Aroudi, H. Veisi, H. Sameti, and Z. Mafakheri, “Speech signal modeling using multivariate distributions,” EURASIP Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, vol. 2015, no. 1, p. 35, 2015.
- A. Aroudi and S. Doclo, “EEG-based Auditory Attention Decoding: Impact of Reverberation, Noise and Interference Reduction,” in Proc. IEEE International Workshop on Brain-Machine Interface Systems, Banff, Canada, Oct. 2017.
- A. Aroudi and S. Doclo, “EEG-based auditory attention decoding using unprocessed binaural signals in reverberant and noisy conditions,” in Proc. International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Jeju, Koreas, 2017.
- A. Aroudi, B. Mirkovic, M. De Vos, and S. Doclo, “Auditory attention decoding with EEG recordings using noisy acoustic reference signals,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Shanghai, China, Mar. 2016, pp. 694–698.
- A. Aroudi, B. Mirkovic, M. De Vos, and S. Doclo, “Influence of noisy reference signals on selective attention decoding,” in Proc. Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Milan, Italy, 2015.
- A. Aroudi, H. Veisi, and H. Sameti, “Speech enhancement based on hidden markov model with discrete cosine transform coefficients using laplace and gaussian distributions,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Information Science, Signal Processing and their Applications (ISSPA), 2012 11th International Conference on. IEEE, 2012, pp. 304–309.
- Tutor for "Advanced Topics Speech and Audio Processing"
- Tutor for "Digital Signal Processing"
- Supervising tutor for "Basic Physics Laboratory"