Members of the University Oldenburg have access to a central high-performance compute (HPC) cluster, which is maintained and operated by IT services. The technical specifications of the current HPC system can be found under HPC facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I would like to use the HPC Cluster, whom should I contact?
In order to use the HPC cluster you have to request an account, which typically is ready to use in 1-2 days.
- I have an account, what should I do next?
The first you should do is to read the documentation in the HPC Wiki, that answers many questions about the usuage of the cluster.
- Where can I get additional information?
You are more than welcome to contact Scientific Computing, alternatively your colleagues may be able to help you as well. There is also a course "Introduction to HPC" which is offered regularly.
- Which applications are available on the HPC cluster?
There is a long list which is displayed on the cluster by the command Wiki
- My favourite application is not installed on the cluster, what now?
Please contact scientific computing in this case.