Structure and Profile of Faculty IV
Faculty IV - School of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg consists of four institutes as a result of the restructuring since 1 January 2008:
On 29 October 2008 the Council of Faculty IV unanimously adopted a structure plan which was approved by the presidium on 23 December 2008.
Constitutive of Faculty IV are a dialogical understanding of science and a historical-critical method of thinking and research. In order to realize the Mission Statement 2010 of the Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg Faculty IV supports the profile in general
- by a multifaceted, in demand and interdisciplinary study offer.
- by three focal points: "spaces, relations, conflicts", "times, memories, concepts" and "practices, subjectivizations, courses of education".
Moreover, Faculty IV notably contributes to the realization of further significant aims of the university's mission statement due to its leading normative-critical, humanistic, informative university ideal of education with its committed mentality, namely to:
- preserving and passing on the tradition of the University of Oldenburg´s namesake, Carl von Ossietzky
- personality development of students
- critical social function and role of science