Open Access/Printing costs
BIS - Open Access Publishing
Printing Costs Financing
To successfully complete your doctorate in Germany, you must publish your dissertation. The applicable doctoral regulations specify exactly how this must be done.
There are only a few research funding organisations that support the printing of dissertations with grants. In the following you will find a selection of institutions which promote the printing of dissertations or offer subject-specific funding opportunities for the publication of scientific papers (only in German):
- The German Research Association (DFG) supports dissertations only in exceptionally justified cases.
- VG Wort grants printing subsidies for highly specialised work.
- The FAZIT Foundation offers multidisciplinary funding for dissertations and habilitations in the event of a financial hardship.
- The Geschwister Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation for Humanities only awards printing subsidies for academic works, particularly for doctoral and postdoctoral theses and publications.
- The Herbert and Elsbeth Weichmann Foundation funds academic work on political exile by granting printing costs, aid for direct costs, travel to archives and support for academic events.
- The Foundation for the reconciliation of the SED dictatorship funds publications that deal with the causes, the history and of the consequences of the dictatorship in the Soviet Occupation Zone and the German Democratic Republic.
- The Franz-and-Eva-Rutzen Foundation promotes science and research in the fields of archaeology. It supports scientific events and research projects as well as publications and grants printing costs.
- The ADAMAS foundation promotes research work and literary projects which focus on the relationship between German and Polish and German and Greek literature.