Lectures within the next 7 days
RTG-Colloquium Models of Gravity
07. November 2014, 13:00 , 18:00
13:00-13:50 Saskia Grunau (Universität Oldenburg)
Orbits around black strings and black rings
13:50-14:40 Florent Michel (Université Paris-Sud,Orsay) Has analogue Hawking radiation been measured?
14:40-15:10 Coffee Break
15:10-16:00 Charlotte Sleight (Max-Planck Institute Munich)
On holography in the presence of higher spin symmetry
16:00-16:50 Mario Flory (Max-Planck Institute Munich)
From the physics of curved spacetimes to quantum field theory
Institute of Physics
News (most in German)
- Prof. Ulrich Teubner wins contract to develop temporal diagnostics for Free-Electron-Laser at DESY
- Christin Marie Sajons, PhD candidate in Physics, receives award
- Achim Kittel and Sven-Age Biehs organize Heraeus-Seminar on Heat Transport and Conduction at the Nanoscale
- German Science Foundation extends funding for graduate school "Models of Gravity"
- Physicists from Oldenburg develop method for predicting rogue waves
Pictures and videos from the research
Windlab - a research building is taking shape
Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 "for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter” to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, and J. Michael Kosterlitz.