Lectures within the next 7 days
Financial correlations: From market states to random matrix averages
21. July 2014, 16:15
Referent: PD Dr. Rudi Schäfer, Wirtschaftsphysik, Universität Duisburg/Essen
Einladender: Prof. Joachim Peinke / <media 95373 - - "TEXT, Microsoft Word - Einladung PK Rudi Schäfer 21072014, Schaefer_21072014.pdf, 110 KB">Abstract</media>
Institute of Physics
News (most in German)
- Prof. Ulrich Teubner wins contract to develop temporal diagnostics for Free-Electron-Laser at DESY
- Christin Marie Sajons, PhD candidate in Physics, receives award
- Achim Kittel and Sven-Age Biehs organize Heraeus-Seminar on Heat Transport and Conduction at the Nanoscale
- German Science Foundation extends funding for graduate school "Models of Gravity"
- Physicists from Oldenburg develop method for predicting rogue waves
Pictures and videos from the research
Windlab - a research building is taking shape
Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 "for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter” to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, and J. Michael Kosterlitz.