Lectures within the next 7 days
Inverse spontaneous emission of an atom in free space - an example of time reversal symmetry in optics
02. June 2014, 16:15
Referent: Prof. Gerd Leuchs, Department of Physics, Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light, University of Erlangen
Einladender: Prof. Christoph Lienau / <media 84620>Abstract</media>
Institute of Physics
News (most in German)
- Prof. Ulrich Teubner wins contract to develop temporal diagnostics for Free-Electron-Laser at DESY
- Christin Marie Sajons, PhD candidate in Physics, receives award
- Achim Kittel and Sven-Age Biehs organize Heraeus-Seminar on Heat Transport and Conduction at the Nanoscale
- German Science Foundation extends funding for graduate school "Models of Gravity"
- Physicists from Oldenburg develop method for predicting rogue waves
Pictures and videos from the research
Windlab - a research building is taking shape
Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 "for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter” to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane, and J. Michael Kosterlitz.