Graduate School Science, Medicine and Technology
The aims of the Graduate School OLTECH are to train students in an international and interdisciplinary context. They learn to develop inventive research questions and new approaches to solving problems, to plan and manage projects and to present the results of their studies. The PhD students learn about the relevant models and hypotheses in their field of science and can practise discussing them.
The curriculum combines several disciplines ensuring that the students are able to integrate their scientific skills into a broader context. All curriculum elements serve to enhance the scientific independence and creativity of the PhD students.
Next application deadline: May 15th 2017
Congratulations to Feras Karakit!
06. February 2017 - 20. March 2017
16:30 - 20:00
Workshop Academic Writing (Discussions with Feedback on Work in Progress)
- In particular, our discussion will focus on the following issues of writing:how to give your paper...
20. February 2017 - 29. May 2017
14:15 - 16:00
English Conversation Workshop: Talking in Academic Contexts
- In many academic contexts, the ability to switch to talking in English is essential for...
21. February 2017 - 28. February 2017
Academic Writing, Module 2: Constructing English Paragraphs and Texts
- In particular, the course covers the following topics:finding and selecting ideas; clustering what...
02. March 2017 - 03. March 2017
Visible and Influential: Making the most of Self-marketing and Networking
- Participants practice for specific academic contexts (team meetings, international conferences...
07. March 2017 - 14. March 2017
Academic Writing, Module 3: Developing Academic Sentences in English
- In particular, the course covers the following topics:applying the stylistic conventions of...
Dr. Klaudia Hettwer
Room W3 1-138
Phone.: +49 (0)441 - 798 3648/49
Tuesday 13:00 - 14:00
Thursday 10:00 - 12:00
and by appointment