UNIMIG - Migration and Higher Education - Building Skills and Capacities
The wider objective of the project "Migration and Higher Education: Developing Skills and Capacity" is to transfer skills and competences in the interdisciplinary field of migration studies in the ENPI East region, specifically in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
1. To develop, accredit and implement a basic curriculum for a Master Program in Migration Studies with a regional dimension in line with the Bologna requirements at 6 universities in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. The curriculum, developed jointly by EU partners and partner country institutions, will then be adapted to each partner country/ university’s specific needs. The joint curriculum should serve as a strong foundation for further cooperation among the partner institutions (universities and non-university partners); mutual degree recognition and potentially even joint programs are envisaged.
The cooperation between traditional "sending" and "receiving" countries of migrants will shape the contents of the curriculum in migration studies.
2. To found sustainable structures with the establishment of national Migration Competence Centers (as integrated university units at the I.J. Tbilisi State Univ., GE, the Yerevan State Univ., AM, and the Khazar Univ., AZ) and a Regional Research Network that serve as an interface between universities, research and public institutions, governments and society.
The Regional Online Platform on Migration, maintained and updated by the MCCs, is another important project output. It will support the master students through (a) providing relevant literature and data for research purposes and (b) the setup of an e-Learning component. On the other hand, the platform will be widely used to disseminate the curriculum and all publications, statistical data etc. produced by the MCCs and make all materials accessible to a wider public (migration officials, journalists, researchers, public institutions, civil society).
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Georgian Institute of Public Affairs
- Yerevan State University
- State Edu. Inst. of Higher Prof.Education Russian-Armenian Uni
- Khazar University
- Qafqaz University
- Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
- Karl-Franzens University of Graz
- University of Alicante
- Université Libre de Bruxelles
- International Org. for Migration, Spec. Liaison Mission Vienna
- International Organization for Migration Mission to Armenia
- International Organisation for Migration - Mission Azerbaijan
- International Organisation for Migration - Mission to Georgia
- State Migration Service of the Min. of Territorial Admin., AM
- Ministry of Education - Azerbaijan
15.10.2011 - 14.10.2014
Runs from October 2011 bis October 2014