Speech Signal Processing
M. Sc. Robert Rehr
Speech Signal Processing Group
Dep. Medical Physics and Acoustics
Robert Rehr studied hearing technology and audiology at the Jade Hochschule, Oldenburg and the Carl von Ossietzky Universität, Oldenburg. He received his BEng in February 2011 and his MSc in July 2013. Since then he is pursuing a PhD in the field of noise reduction and dereverberation for automatic speech recognition.
- Speech Enhancement
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Exercises in "Einführung in die Sprachverarbeitung"
- Exercises in "Statistical Signal Processing"
- Supervision of the "Master-Blockpraktikum DSP"
- R. Rehr and T. Gerkmann, "An Analysis of Adaptive Recursive Smoothing with Applications to Noise PSD Estimation", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, 2016, under review
- B. Cauchi, I. Kodrasi, R. Rehr, S. Gerlach, A. Jukić, T. Gerkmann, S. Doclo and S. Goetze, "Combination of MVDR Beamforming and Single-Channel Spectral Processing for Enhancing Noisy and Reverberant Speech", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2015, No. 61, 2015
- F. Xiong, B. Meyer, N. Moritz, R. Rehr, J. Anemüller, T. Gerkmann, S. Doclo and S. Goetze, "Front-End Technologies for Robust ASR in Reverberant Environments – Spectral Enhancement-Based Dereverberation and Auditory Modulation Filterbank Features", EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2015, No. 70, 2015
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
- R. Rehr and T. Gerkmann, "Bias Correction Methods For Adaptive Recursive Smoohting with Applications in Noise PSD Estimation", pp. 206 – 210, International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Shanghai, China, Mar. 2016
- R. Rehr and T. Gerkmann, "Cepstral Noise Subtraction for Robust Automatic Speech Recognition", pp. 375 – 378, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Apr. 2015
- R. Rehr and T. Gerkmann, "On The Bias Of Adaptive First-Order Recursive Smoothing", IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA), New Paltz, New York, USA, Oct. 2015
- B. Cauchi, I. Kodrasi, R. Rehr, S. Gerlach, A. Jukić, T. Gerkmann, S. Doclo and S. Goetze, "Joint Dereverberation and Noise Reduction Using Beamforming and a Single-Channel Speech Enhancement Scheme", The REVERB challenge, Florence, Italy, May 2014
- R. Rehr, M. Krawczyk and T. Gerkmann, "A Posteriori Voiced / Unvoiced Probability Estimation Based on a Sinusoidal Model", pp. 6994 – 6998, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), Florence, Italy, May 2014
- F. Xiong, N. Moritz, R. Rehr, J. Anemüller, B. Meyer, T. Gerkmann, S. Doclo and S. Goetze, "Robust ASR in Reverberant Environments using Temporal Cepstrum Smoothing for Speech Enhancement and an Amplitude Modulation Filterbank for Feature Extraction", The REVERB challenge, Florence, Italy, May 2014
- M. Krawczyk, R. Rehr and T. Gerkmann, "Phase-Sensitive Real-Time Capable Speech Enhancement Under Voiced-Unvoiced Uncertainty", European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), Marrakech, Morocco, Sep. 2013
- T. Gerkmann, M. Krawczyk and R. Rehr, "Phase Estimation in Speech Enhancement - Unimportant, Important, or Impossible?", IEEE Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel (IEEEI), Eilat, Israel, Nov. 2012
- R. Rehr, M. Krawczyk and T. Gerkmann, "A Comparison of State-of-the-Art Speech Fundamental Frequency Estimators in Noisy and Reverberant Environments", pp. 487 – 488, Mar. 2014
- R. Rehr, S. Goetze, D. Hollosi, J. Appell and J. Bitzer, "Speech / Non-Speech Discrimination for Acoustic Monitoring Considering Privacy Issues", Mar. 2011