Registration Process for MCS 2018
The number of participants for the MCS Summer School is limited. The first step of the registration process is the application phase in which the participants are selected. Once you are accepted for the Summer School you will be asked to fill in the binding registration and pay the registration fee.
The full registration fee for the MCS Summer School is 350€ and it includes course materials, the book Big Practical Guide to Computer Simulations, the social program, a bus ticket and dinner. DAAD grants are available for foreign students and grant holder only pay a reduced fee. Students (BSc and MSc) of University Oldenburg can participate for free.
There are three application options:
- Application for immediate registration. These applications will be treated on a first-come first-serve basis as long as free places for the summer school are available. With this option you will have to pay the full registration fee of 350€ (see binding registration below).
- Application for DAAD grant. Grant application is open to BSc, MSc and PhD students from a university outside of Germany. Successful applications have to pay a reduced registration fee of 100€. In addition to the amenities included in the registration fee (see above) grant holders will also receive accommodation with breakfast and a travel allowance depending on the country they are travelling from.
- Application as student from University Oldenburg. BSc and MSc students can apply with this option and have to pay no registration fee.
All applicants have to fill in the application form and will receive further information after we have received the application.
You can apply to the MCS Summer School by filling in the application form. Please carfully read the following information and the application form before submitting the form. You will receive an e-mail as confirmation of your application. In case you have questions regarding your application please contact us.
Please note the following important dates for the application process:
- The deadline for the application is May 15th, 2018.
- Successful applicants will be informed not later than June 1st, 2018.
- The registration fee should be payed no later than June 15th, 2018.
Instructions and information for application:
- Go to the application form and fill in the requested information. When you are done, press the Submit button. A new page will appear with the information you have entered. To complete the application press Next (or go back with Previous to make changes). You will receive a confirmation e-mail once we have received your application.
- Make sure to fill in all mandatory fields (marked with "*"), otherwise you will not be able to submit the form.
- Some fields, marked with "(*)" are mandatory only for applicants that would like to receive a DAAD grant. If you select this option, make sure that you fill in these fields as well.
- Some of the required information must be provided in form of a PDF file. Please note that only one PDF per field can be uploaded. Upload is restricted to PDF format and 4MB per file. If you do not see any errors the upload was successful (otherwise we will contact you).
- The form is divided into several sections:
- First select the application option for you (immediate, DAAD grant, student OL).
- Next enter your personal information.
- Then enter information about your education.
- In the section Qualification and Motivation you should answer the questions about your knowledge and skills. In addition you should upload a letter of motivation and, if you are applying for grant, your most recent degree certificate, a transcript of records and a letter of recommendation. The person writing the letter can also send it directly to mcs(at)uni-oldenburg.de.
- You can also give us additional information before submitting the application. Remember to confirm your information and wait for the confirmation e-mail.
- Additional information can be obtained by hovering above the blue text labels above the input fields.
Successful applicants will receive instructions for the binding registration (see below) and have to pay the registration fee before June 15th, 2018.
Once we have reviewed your application we will contact you to let you know if your application was successful. Applicants for the DAAD grants will be notified betweem the deadline May 15th, 2018 for application and before June 1st, 2018.
Once you have been informed about your successful application you have to complete the process with a binding registrations. This includes the payment of the registration fee. Your participation will be confirmed once the binding registration is completed.
Once your application was successful we recommend that you organize your accommodation and make your travelling plans. Note that recipients of a DAAD grant will have their accommodation arranged for them.