PhD student, Cognitive/Mathematical Psychology Lab
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Mathematics (focusing on Statistics)
PhD project Identification of cognitive factors that influence -beyond audiological standard measures- individual hearing performance funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) within the Cluster of Excellence Hearing4all
- 2017: Freelancer (Statistician) at the Hörzentrum Oldenburg GmbH (for two months)
- 2016: Visiting graduate researcher in the Multisensory Perception Lab of Prof. Ladan Shams, UCLA Psychology Department (for five weeks)
- Since 2015: PhD student in the Cognitive/Mathematical Psychology Lab of Prof. Hans Colonius, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
2013-2015: Research associate (Mathematician/Statistician) in the unit Statistical Modeling of Secondary and Registry Data, Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS GmbH, Bremen
2007-2013: Studies of Mathematics (M.Sc., B.Sc.) at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
2006-2008: Nurse at the hospital Klinikum Oldenburg gGmbH
- 2003-2006: Nurse education at the hospital Klinikum Oldenburg gGmbH
Honors and Awards
- 03/2014: Invitation to give a talk in the session Young Statisticians, Biometrisches Kolloquium 2014, 10-13 March 2014, Bremen, Germany, and award for one of the four best conference proceedings of the Young Statisticians by the German Region of the International Biometric Society
Articles with peer-review
- Gieseler A, Tahden MAS, Thiel CM, Wagener KC, Meis M, Colonius H. Auditory and non-auditory contributions for unaided speech recognition in noise as a function of hearing aid use. Front. Psychol. 2017; 8:219. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00219
- Tahden M, Manitz J, Baumgardt K, Fell G, Kneib T, Hegasy G. Epidemiological and ecological characterization of the EHEC O104:H4 outbreak in Hamburg, Germany, 2011. PLoS ONE. 2016; 11(10):e0164508. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0164508
- Hense S, Schink T, Kreisel ST, Marcelon L, Simondon F, Tahden M, Garbe E. Estimation of background incidence rates of Guillain-Barré syndrome in Germany - a retrospective cohort study with electronic healthcare data. Neuroepidemiology. 2014; 43(3-4):244-252. http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000369344
Presentations at scientific meetings/conferences
Tahden M, Gieseler A, Colonius H. Application of random forest analysis to characterize hearing performance. Fourth Joint Statistical Meeting of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Statistik "Statistics under one Umbrella", DAGStat 2016, 14-18 March 2016, Göttingen, Germany.
Tahden M, Gieseler A, Wagener KC, Meis M, Thiel C, Colonius H. Characterization of hearing performance including cognitive factors. Cluster of Excellence Hearing4all, International Symposium 2015, 18-20 November 2015, Hannover, Germany.
- Garbe E, Tahden M, Blenk T, Dörks M. Drug safety in patients during childhood and adolescents - off-label use and drug safety of neuroleptics and antidepressants. GMS, 21st Annual Meeting of the German Drug Utilisation Research Group, 9th German "Pharmakovigilanztag", 20-21 November 2014, Bonn, Germany.
Tahden M, Manitz J, Kneib T, Hegasy G. Application of spatial Bayesian Poisson regression to identify associations between EHEC incidence and socio-economic factors. 27th International Biometric Conference, 6-11 July 2014, Florence, Italy.
- Tahden M, Manitz J, Kneib T, Hegasy G. Application of spatial Bayesian Poisson regression to identify associations between EHEC incidence and socio-economic variables. 60. Biometrisches Kolloquium 2014, 10-13 March 2014, Bremen, Germany.
Posters at scientific meetings/conferences
Tahden M, Gieseler A, Colonius H. What keeps hearing-impaired older adults from using hearing aids? 4th International Conference on Cognitive Hearing Science for Communication (CHScom2017), 18-21 June 2017, Linköping, Sweden.
- Tahden M, Gieseler A, Colonius H. Multisensory integration, cognition, and hearing aid benefit in hearing aid users and non-users. 9th Speech in Noise Workshop, 5-6 January 2017, Oldenburg, Germany.
Gieseler A, Tahden M, Colonius H. Hearing aid experience affects the sound-induced flash illusion. Workshop on audiovisual speech processing and language learning, 28-29 November 2016, Barcelona, Spain.
- Kollmeier B, Lenarz T, Warzybok A, Schädler MR, Haumann S, Tahden M, Gieseler A, Brand T. Auditory profile and common audiological functional parameters (CAFPas). ARO 39th MidWinter Meeting, 20-24 February 2016, San Diego, USA.
Gieseler A, Tahden M, Thiel C, Colonius H. The differential role of auditory and non-auditory measures for predicting speech-in-noise intelligibility: A comparison between hearing-impaired listeners with and without hearing aid supply. 8th Speech in Noise Workshop, 7-8 January 2016, Groningen, Netherlands.
- Tahden M, Gieseler A, Wagener KC, Meis M, Thiel C, Colonius H. Characterization of hearing performance including cognitive factors. Cluster of Excellence Hearing4all, International Symposium 2015, 18-20 November 2015, Hannover, Germany.
- Fall-winter term 2016/2017: Introductory Course Statistics, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- Fall-winter term 2015/2016: Introductory Course Statistics, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
Spring-summer term 2014: Nonparametric Statistics, University of Bremen, Lecturer: I. Pigeot
Fall-winter term 2012/2013: Statistics 1, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Lecturer: F. Sobotka
Fall-winter term 2011/2012: Statistics 1, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Lecturer: P. Krug
- Spring-summer term 2011: Statistics – Theory and Use of R, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Lecturers: T. Kneib, J. Freund, C. Beardsley, H. Winkler