Erasmus+ at a glance
Erasmus+ aims to modernise and improve higher education across Europe and the rest of the world. It gives students and staff opportunities to develop their skills and boost their employment prospects. Good practices will be shared between universities and businesses in Knowledge Alliances.
Higher education institutions from participating countries can work with those from neighbourhood countries, non-EU Balkan countries, Asia, Africa and Latin America to develop their educational systems.
What does it involve?
Opportunities for students to learn abroad, including:
Opportunities for staff to undertake professional development activities, including:
- Training or teaching;
- Attending workshops delivered by businesses.
- Deliver joint masters’ programmes in a consortium of higher education institutions from participating countries.
- Companies and higher education institutions can work together to share knowledge.
Cooperation outside the EU in neighbourhood countries, Africa, Asia, and Latin America through projects that increase an organisation’s competencies or expertise through:
- Joint projects to modernise teaching methods, materials and curricula;
- Structural projects, including the involvement of national authorities.
Who can take part?
Opportunities are available to the following organisations in participating countries:
- Students at higher education institutions;
- Higher education institution staff (academic and non-academic);
- Private companies.
Higher Education Institutions in neighbouring countries, non-EU Balkan countries, Asia, Africa, and Latin America can participate in projects that take place outside the EU.
(text source: http://ec.europa.eu/education/opportunities/higher-education/index_en.htm (12.8.15))
Responsibilities at the University of Oldenburg
For Erasmus+ credit mobility (student and staff exchange), inter-institutional agreements:
International Student Office
For Erasmus+ placements please contact:
For Erasmus+ Key Action 2 and 3 projects (for example Strategic Partnership, Policy support):
Office of European Affairs
Study Abroad Advisor (Europe), Erasmus+ Coordinator
Room: A12 2-209
Phone: +49(0)441 798-2438