The International Relations Office's Web Portal
for Visiting Researchers
We recommend that all visitors from abroad register in our web portal for visiting researchers and teaching staff prior to their arrival in Oldenburg.
As soon as you have registered with us, you and your family members can benefit from all the services, information and opportunities the International Relations Office provides. Our services include the following:
- Before you arrive in Oldenburg, you will receive an online package containing all the information you need for your stay (useful information, a checklist of formalities, important addresses and contacts).
- We can answer questions regarding your stay in Oldenburg before you arrive.
- We will send you our Calendar of Events listing all current dates and events held by the International Relations Office, and information on the President's Reception.
- Upon your arrival in Oldenburg, you can receive a welcome package containing information on the University of Oldenburg, the City of Oldenburg, and the surrounding area.
- If you require assistance in finding accommodation, we will be happy to help. We can also assist you with administrative formalities such as registering with the Residents’ Registration Office, the Foreign Residents’ Office or with local schools or daycare facilities for your children.
- We put you in contact with other international visitors currently teaching or doing research at Oldenburg University.
- You can be listed online among the Faculties’ Guests.
See if you find events or get-togethers that are of interest to you in our Calendar of Events.
As a visiting scientist at Oldenburg University you may register here to be kept informed on important issues and events.
In 2015, 195 visiting scientists from 58 countries across the globe registered with the International Relations Office. To see where all the current visiting scientists come from and what faculty they work at click here.