Dr. Jinhui Zhong
Date and Place of Birth: December 7, 1988 in Fujian, China
Family Status: Married
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=NXnNfZsAAAAJ&hl=zh-CN
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCES:
Feb. 2017 – present
Postdoctoral Researcher in the group of Prof. Christoph Lienau, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Jul. 2016 – Jan. 2017
Postdoctoral Research Associate in the group of Prof. Bin Ren, Xiamen University, China
Sept. 2012 – Jun. 2016
Ph.D candidate. Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University. Supervisor: Prof. Bin Ren
Dissertation: In-Situ and Nanometer Spatial Resolution Raman Spectroscopic Study of Graphene and Bimetallic Surface and Interface.
(1) Tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (TERS) study of the spatially resolved electronic and catalytic properties of model bimetallic catalysts and various Au, Pt, Pd metal surfaces. Developing TERS as a new technique for high spatial resolution catalysis study. (2) Study of adsorption, intermolecular interaction and diffusion behavior of molecular adsorbates on metal surfaces by TERS. Gain solid skills and knowledge of TERS (near field optics, nano-optics), plasmonics, and surface science.
Sept. 2010 – Jul. 2012
Master student, Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University.
Supervisor: Prof. Bin Ren
Thesis: Raman Spectroelectrochemistry of Graphene Surface and Interface.
(1) In-situ electrochemical Raman spectroscopy study of the electrochemical surface and interfacial properties of single layer graphene, and the electrochemical and molecular doping of graphene. (2) Defect density engineering of single layer graphene to tailor the electrochemical activity of graphene. Gain solid knowledge of graphene, its synthesis and transfer, and Raman characterization.
Sept. 2006 – Jul. 2010
Bachelor of Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat-Sen University.
Supervisor: Profs. Gao-Ren Li and Ye-Xiang Tong
Thesis: Electrochemical Synthesis of Cobalt/Nickel Oxide (Hydroxide) and its Application in Supercapacitor.
Research Topic: Electrochemical synthesis of metal oxide nanostructures and polymers, and their application in supercapacitor. Gain basic skills on material synthesis and characterizations, and explore their potential applications.
Apr. 2016 Best Poster Award at the 4th International Conference on Frontiers of Plasmonics (FOP4)
Apr. 2016 Best Poster Award at Beijing Symposium 2016 on Chemical Reactions under External Fields
Dec. 2015 National Scholarship for Graduate Students, Minister of Education of China
Oct. 2015 Best Poster Award at the 5th Asian Spectroscopy Conference
Aug. 2015 Sinopoly Battery Scholarship, Chinese Electrochemical Society
Apr. 2012 Best Poster Award at the 28th National Conference of Chinese Chemical Society
Jul. 2010 Outstanding Graduates, Sun Yat-Sen University
Publications (First author publications)
On tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (TERS)
1. Probing the electronic and catalytic properties of a bimetallic surface with 3 nm resolution Jin-Hui Zhong§, Xi Jin§, Lingyan Meng, Xiang Wang, Hai-Sheng Su, Zhi-Lin Yang, Christopher T. Williams, Bin Ren*, Nat. Nanotech., 2017, 12, 132–136, doi:10.1038/nnano.2016.241. (§co-first author) Highlighted in News & Views (Raman spectroscopy: Tipping point), Nat. Nanotech. doi:10.1038/nnano.2016.266.
2. Revealing Intermolecular Interaction and Surface Restructuring of an Aromatic Thiol Assembling on Au(111) by Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Xiang Wang§, Jin-Hui Zhong§, Meng Zhang, Zheng Liu, De-Yin Wu, and Bin Ren*, Anal. Chem. 2016, 88, 915−921. (§co-first author)
3. Quantitative Correlation between Defect Density and Heterogeneous Electron Transfer Rate of Single Layer Graphene Jin-Hui Zhong§, Jie Zhang§, Xi Jin, Jun-Yang Liu, Qiongyu Li, Mao-Hua Li, Weiwei Cai, De-Yin Wu, Dongping Zhan*, and Bin Ren*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 16609−16617. (§co-first author)
4. Interfacial capacitance of graphene: Correlated differential capacitance and in situ electrochemical Raman spectroscopy study Jin-Hui Zhong, Jun-Yang Liu, Qiongyu Li, Mian-Gang Li, Zhi-Cong Zeng, Shu Hu, De-Yin Wu, Weiwei Cai*, Bin Ren*, Electrochim. Acta 2013, 110, 754–761.
On electrochemical materials
5. Co3O4/Ni(OH)2 composite mesoporous nanosheet networks as a promising electrode for supercapacitor applications Jin-Hui Zhong, An-Liang Wang, Gao-Ren Li*, Jian-Wei Wang, Yan-Nan Ou and Ye-Xiang Tong, J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 5656–5665.
6. Facile Electrochemical Synthesis of Hexagonal Cu2O Nanotube Arrays and Their Application Jin-Hui Zhong, Gao-Ren Li*, Zi-Long Wang, Yan-Nan Ou, and Ye-Xiang Tong, Inorg. Chem. 2011, 50, 757–763.
Other Co-author publications
7. Xiao-Dong Yang, Yanping Zheng, Jing Yang, Wei Shi, Jin-Hui Zhong, Cankun Zhang, Xue Zhang, Yu-Hao Hong, Xin-Xing Peng, Zhi-You Zhou*, and Shi-Gang Sun*, ACS Catal., 2017, 7, 139–145.
8. Zhi-Cong Zeng, Sheng-Chao Huang, De-Yin Wu, Ling-Yan Meng, Mao-Hua Li, Teng-Xiang Huang, Jin-Hui Zhong, Xiang Wang, Zhi-Lin Yang, and Bin Ren*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 11928−11931.
9. Bo-Wen Liu, Xu Yao, Liang Zhang, Hai-Xin Lin, Shu Chen, Jin-Hui Zhong, Shou Liu, Lei Wang, and Bin Ren*, ACS Photonics 2015, 2, 1725−1731.
10. Xiao-Shan Zheng, Pei Hu, Jin-Hui Zhong, Cheng Zong, Xiang Wang, Bi-Ju Liu, and Bin Ren*. J. Phys. Chem. C 2014, 118, 3750−3757.
11. C. Blum, L. Opilik, J. M. Atkin, K. Braun, S. B. Kämmer, V. Kravtsov, N. Kumar, S. Lemeshko, J. F. Li, K. Luszcz, T. Maleki, A. J. Meixner, S. Minne, M. B. Raschke, B. Ren, J. Rogalski, D. Roy, B. Stephanidis, X. Wang, D. Zhang, J. H. Zhong and Renato Zenobi*, J. Raman Spectrosc. 2014, 45, 22–31.
12. Qiongyu Li, Harry Chou, Jin-Hui Zhong, Jun-Yang Liu, Andrei Dolocan, Junyan Zhang, Yinghui Zhou, Rodney S. Ruoff, Shanshan Chen*, and Weiwei Cai*, Nano Lett. 2013, 13, 486−490.
13. Gao-Ren Li*, Zhan-Ping Feng, Jin-Hui Zhong, Zi-Long Wang, and Ye-Xiang Tong*, Macromolecules 2010, 43, 2178–2183.
14. Zhan-Ping Feng, Gao-Ren Li*, Jin-Hui Zhong, Zi-Long Wang, Yan-Nan Ou, Ye-Xiang Tong, Electrochem. Commun. 2009, 11, 706–710.
Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
Faculty V - Institute of Physics
AG Ultraschnelle Nano-Optik
Room: W2 3-316