Internationally oriented research is also an internationally oriented teaching that allows students to open their horizons beyond regional and national borders. The Institute therefore strives to create both, for guests from abroad and for students from Oldenburg, the necessary infrastructure to ensure a high level of mobility.
The Institute of History supports students explicitly in their wish to study abroad. Examination results that are acquired abroad are usually recognized.
So that the stay abroad does not fail on the funding issue, it is useful to inform yourself about various funding programmes. Here is a brief overview
(detailed information you will find on the pages of the international student office ISO):
- Erasmus partnership/-grant: Deadlines each year are the 1st March for the following winter term and the 31st October for the summer term; here you find a checklist for studying abroad with Erasmus+
- Scholarships (DAAD/Promos. etc.): Please get early informed, so you do not miss a deadline for the "right" scholarship programme. Partly there are only one to two deadlines per year in the different programmes, these might be individually different depending on the country.
- National Student Grant for studies abroad: For studying abroad, you can apply for the additional costs with BAföG, a national student grant. Whoever receives domestic BaföG, will also get BAföG for studying abroad. But even those who previously received no BaföG, certainly have a chance to receive it. Due to the higher costs abroad the BaföG requirements records will rise, so that many more students receive the education grant to study abroad as a domestic study. - Important: Applications for BAföG must be submitted six months prior to the start of study abroad at the relevant office of Student Aid.
Currently the following Erasmus+ partnerships exist:
- Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Austria
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- University of Western Brittany, France
- Ionian University, Greece
- Edge Hill University, Great Britain
- University of Sheffield, Great Britain
- University of Warwick, Great Britain
- University of Udine, Italy
- University of Florence, Italy
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherlands
- University of Bergen, Norway
- Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland
- University of Wrocław, Poland
- Babeș-Bolyai University, Romania
- Södertörn University, Sweden (only BA)
- International Students Office
- Information about the semester abroad with Erasmus+ as part of the Master of Arts "European History" (M.A.) programme
- Grant for International PhD students