Courses offered by the Graduate Academy
The focus of the Graduate Academy's program is to offer need-based courses and workshops for all junior researchers of the university. In particular, the program encompasses transferable skills courses in the following four core areas:
We further offer
- for doctoral candidates every year, special courses at the beginning and end of the Ph.D. phase;
- for post-doctoral fellows, junior professors, and first-time professors, each year two exclusive six-months Coaching Programs for Career Development;
- After successfully completing a course offered by the Graduate Academy, you will receive a certificate of attendance. If you attend more than one course, we can also issue an overall certificate, listing all your courses; in this case, please contact us for further information.
- For all courses offered by the Graduate Academy you are required to pay a fee of currently 30 Euros per course day (usually 6-8 hours of training). Please note that, to firmly secure your spot, this fee is due prior to the beginning of the course! Further details can be found on the page for each course.
- You will find the registration form for each course on the individual course page once registration is open!
20. February 2017 - 29. May 2017
14:15 - 16:00
English Conversation Workshop: Talking in Academic Contexts
- In many academic contexts, the ability to switch to talking in English is essential for...
21. March 2017 - 28. March 2017
Academic Presenting at Conferences: Delivering Effective and Successful Talks
- In particular, we will cover the following topics:understanding the communicative function of...
07. April 2017
10:00 - 12:00
Pathfinder through the funding maze - Kompass durch den Förderdschungel
- You seek sources of funding for independent research, fellowships, your own position, and other...
24. April 2017
- Manche Forscher siedeln Wissenschaftsjournalisten direkt neben der „Bild“ an, denn Journalisten...
25. April 2017 - 23. January 2018
08:15 - 10:00
Academic Language Skills: English Grammar and Vocabulary for Academic Writing and Speaking
- Communicating well in international academic contexts requires a good grasp of English language...