Erasmus+ information and selection criteria
Departmental Application Form
Can be downloaded here.
As the application process for Erasmus+ can be complicated, this checklist is useful for keeping track.
In addition to the criteria laid out by the EU, the English department has agreed on the following additional criteria for being selected for an Erasmus place. They will be applied in the order they are listed.
- BAFöG recipient or not - if you receive BAFöG, the chances of getting an Erasmus place for anything other than a full-year stay at Edge Hill are extremely low. However, it is possible to apply directly to British and Irish universities. A list with potential universities is on the departmental website and will be updated shortly. Note: BAFöG recipients will be considered for the full-year places at Edge Hill.
- Current Fachsemester – you will generally need to be in your third or higher semester at the time of application. (First semester students can occasionally be considered for the full-year Erasmus places at Edge Hill.)
- Statement of Motivation – this is particularly important!
- Notenübersicht – the strength of your current grades, particularly in Anglistik/Amerikanistik. If you are applying in your third semester and still have missing Basismodul grades on your transcript, then please supply these on a separate piece of paper.
- Anglistik/Amerikanistik modules to complete - you need to show EITHER that you have courses in your BA/MEd/MA that you could study in Britain/Ireland, OR be willing to complete courses that cannot be recognised in Oldenburg for the sake of the experience. (There is absolutely no guarantee that you can attend classes in your second subject at Edge Hill, Newcastle or Limerick.)
- Willingness to promote Oldenburg as a destination for future Erasmus students – please include information about this in your statement of motivation.
- [For Edge Hill only]: Willingness to spend a complete academic year abroad.
- Previous lengthy stays abroad – this does not include being a short-term tourist.
Please note that partner universities increasingly ask for proof of language proficiency in the form of an external test – if you met the entry requirements in Oldenburg through your Abitur results, you may need to do such a test before your application can be sent to the British/Irish university.
Erasmus-Förderkriterien der Europäischen Kommission
- Reguläre Immatrikulation an einer deutschen Hochschule
- Abschluss des ersten Studienjahres zu Beginn des Auslandssemesters außer bei MA-Studierenden
- Studienaufenthalt an einer Partnerhochschule, mit der die Heimathochschule eine Erasmus Kooperationsvereinbarung abgeschlossen hat