Call for Applications 2017
In the coming winter semester, the University of Oldenburg will award Deutschlandstipendium scholarships for the seventh time. These scholarships are intended to support particularly talented and well-performing students, usually for a period of one year.
In the winter semester 2017/2018, up to 222 scholarships can be awarded (subject to the funds available at the time of granting scholarships). One third of these scholarships will be awarded based on the degree programme or subject, the other two thirds of the scholarships may be allocated to all qualifying students.
Scholarships will paid retroactively from October in the month following the selection committee meeting (most likely November). From this date, payment will be made monthly.
Who can Apply?
Students who are enrolled at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg at the beginning of the winter semester can apply, regardless of age, nationality, or semester.
If students are in their first semester, their performance will be assessed based on the results of the university entrance qualification (equivalents of the German 'Abitur').
From the second semester onward, selection criteria are based on the achievements of students during their studies.
Additionally, special achievements, awards and prizes, as well as contributions to society or special family or personal circumstances (for example caring for close family members, etc.) are also included in the assessment.
What are the Regulations?
The scholarships are awarded at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in accordance with the Scholarship Programme Law (StipG) and the statutes enacted by the University of Oldenburg. Students do not have a legal entitlement to a Deutschlandstipendium scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship is € 300 per month. The scholarship is a non-repayable grant. The scholarships are usually granted for one year. The funding period begins on 1 October in a given year.
The scholarships are awarded regardless of the applicant's income and can be combined with a BAföG loan without deduction.
The duration of the grant is determined by the standard period of study and can only be granted beyond this period under exceptional circumstances. A request for an extension of the maximum duration of funding must be submitted in writing stating the reasons.
Applications are made online using a form provided by the University of Oldenburg in Stud.IP: here.
Incoming students still without access to Stud.IP instead use this online form: external application.
The following application documents must be submitted with the application:
- CV in tabular form, including a photo
- Enrolment certificate
- Grade transcript from the examination office or a verifiable transcript from Stud.IP consisting of the average grade and credit points
- Certificate of university entrance qualification (Abitur, Fachabitur, or similar); in the case of foreign certificates, a translation and statement of equivalence according to the German grading system
- Master's degree applicants: undergraduate degree certificate and any evidence for the admission and selection criteria for the Master's degree programme
- Internship and employment references
- Evidence of special awards and prizes, professional skills or special achievements
- Certificates of achievements related to the degree programme (internships, stays abroad) which detail the applicant’s performance
- Special personal or family circumstances such as illnesses and disabilities, caring for own children, in particular as a single parent, or caring for close relatives, employment in a family company, part-time employment and family or migration background, if applicable
The application documents must be submitted in German.
The application period lasts from September 1 to September 30, 2017. Candidates who do not submit their applications within this period will not be included in the selection procedure.
Mail and Visitor Address
Referat Studium und Lehre
Room: V03 1-W103
Office hours are held at A14 0-040 on Mondays and in V03 1-W103 on Wednesdays.
The application period for Deutschlandstipendium scholarships beginning in the winter semester 2017/2018 starts on September 1 and ends on September 30, 2017.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted using an online form in Stud.IP.
Pfad: Stud.IP › Campus › Stipendien
For questions concerning the application form, please contact the Servicepoint Scholarships, not the IT Services.
Incoming students who do not yet havet access to Stud.IP instead use the external application form.