MATRE TEMPUS Joint Project
Modernizing Academic Teaching & Research Environment in Business & Economics at Lebanon and Syria.
This project contributes towards modernizing the higher education sector in LB/SY by supporting the “Higher Education & Society” TEMPUS programme theme. This will be realized by establishing 2 centers for international quality research & sustainable curricula development in the Business, Economics & Management fields at MUBS (LB) & AIU (SY) to lead the research environment development in cooperation with LB/SY universities (LU&IUST), business representatives & similar centers in EU & neighboring countries.
The specific objectives come in 4 main folds (research, teaching, knowledge triangle & policy related objectives):
- To boost research environment & promote research culture at MUBS/AIU Faculties of Economics & other LB/SY business faculties & institution. This will be realized by capacity building & creating networks with EU counterparts for exchanging knowhow & good practices
- To promote modernization of curricula & teaching skills & methods in the field of Business, Economics & Management at MUBS/AIU & other LB/SY faculties in accordance with the EU experience by organizing related training courses & seminars
- To set & operate knowledge triangle (education, innovation, research) in LB/SY by engaging business sector representatives in project activities to facilitate the strategic linkage between research & industry current & future needs
- To propose policies & regulations in order to improve the research & teaching environment in the field in LB/SY.
A wide range of outcomes & outputs will result from MATRE. The project produces the following principle outcomes/outputs:
- A situational study of academic & research environment at MUBS/AIU
- The establishment of the centers
- Bonds strengthening & networks with LB/SY business & industry
- Preparing TOT & running training courses, reviewing & proposing the contents of new curricula
- Compiling & producing centers’ resources & databases
- Suggesting a national policy paper & a plan for future centers’ sustainability.
- Oldenburg University (Applicant)
- Universidad de Alicante (Partner)
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Partner)
- Modern University for Business and Science (Partner)
- Lebanese University (Partner)
- Arab International University (Partner)
- International University for Science and Technology (Partner)
- Syrian Consulting Bureau for Development & Investment (Partner)
Start date: 01.12.2013
End date: 30.11.2016