The Senate and its commissions and committees
23rd term of office: 01/04/2015 – 31/03/2017
In accordance with section 41 of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG), the Senate is the only body at central level that meets in public (whose meetings are open to members of the university). As a rule, it is in session once a month. In accordance with section 5, paragraphs 4 and 5 of the university statutes, the Senate establishes standing committees. Apart from the standing committees referred to in section 5, paragraphs 4 and 5, further Senate commissions can be established where needed, particularly with a view to preparing for decisions and opinions.
- Commission for Research Impact Assessment and Ethics (EK)
- University development planning (HEP)
- Research support and assisting early-career researchers
- Appointment of honorary citizens and honorary senators / award of the university medal of honour (EEK)
- Election committee
- Cooperation committee
- University Statutes Committee (GOK)
- Commission on the Advancement of Women and Equal Oppurtunities
- Arbitration committee (SchliKo)
Room: ÖCO 1-153
Office for presidential chair and committee supervision, general legal matters
The Elections Office is responsible for organising elections for the Senate and the Faculty Councils.