Main fields of research
The fields of research represented by the working groups are specified on the web pages of the respective Scientific groups. This page presents an outline of the central fields of research performed at the Department.
Main field of research "Biodiversity und evolutionary biology"
- Behavioral ecology and Population genetics of animals
- Population ecology, ecophysiology and functional ecology of plants
- Marine biodiversity and systematics
- Systematics and evolutionary biology of plants and animals
- Ecology of insect communities
Main field of research "Landscapes ecology"
- Ecology of plants and animals in dynamic landscapes
- Functional Ecology of plants and animals
- Soilecology, Soil genesis and soil protection
- Aquatic ecology
- Response of catchment hydrology to enviromental change
- Biogeochemical fluxes and catchment hydrology
- Entomology and ecology of insects
- Restoration of aquatic and terrestrial habitats
- Ecology of aquatic and semiaquatic insects
- Ecological and planning related implications of renewable energies (especially wind and biomass)
- Planning, development and management of large protected areas
- Modern modes of regional governance in rural areas
Main field of research "Neurobiology and Genetics "
- Molecular fundamentals of development and function of the auditory pathway
- Synaptic inhibition
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Functional neuroanatomy of the retina
- Molecular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity
- Stimulus processing in the auditory system of birds and mammals
- Sensory ecology of the auditory perception
- Magnetic field orientation in birds and lepidopterans
Main field of research "Didactics"
- Didactic reconstruction of central biological concepts
- Modelling of competence
- Education for sustainable development
- Pedagogical content knowledge of future teachers
Centre of Neurosensory Sciences and Systems comprising the fields:
- Auditive and visual systems
- Visual processing
- Prosthetics and clinic
- Research group retina FOR 701
- SFB/TRR31 The Active Auditory System
- International Graduate School "Neurosensory Science and Systems"
- Center for research Auditive