PROMOS scholarship for internships abroad (non-EU countries)
The PROMOS program was developed by the DAAD and is financed with funds from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). If you’re planning an internship in a non-EU country, you can apply for a PROMOS scholarship.
- All countries excluding Iceland, Croatia, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey and the EU member states.
- 6 weeks to 6 months
- Partial scholarship (country allowances)
- The complete application documents must be submitted to the Career Service six weeks before the start of the internship at the latest.
- Application form
- Letter of motivation (Guideline: Please see application form.)
- CV (German or English)
- Current Transcript of records ("Notenbescheinigung", download in Stud.IP)
- Confirmation of host organisation
- Confirmation of faculty
- Enrolment certificate(s)
- Confirmation of voluntary work and/or not university-related
job (brief confirmation of duration and scope is sufficient)
- Proof of language skills in working language
Eligibility and funding criteria
- German students
- Students who are equivalent to German citizens as set out in Section 8 (1)(2ff) and Section 8 (2), (2a) and (3), BAföG
Non-German students and graduates if they are enrolled at a German university with the goal of graduating at that university (Stays in the student's home country are not permitted.)
- Self-organized full-time internship closely related to studies
- Subject-related supervision from the student's home faculty during the internship
- Internships at the following organizations are excluded from funding by the PROMOS program: International organizations (e.g. UNO), EU institutions, institutions and organizations which administer EU programmes, the German embassy, German humanities institutes, Goethe Institutes, German archaelogical institutes and Deutsche Auslandsschulen (DAS).
- Internships at DSD and Fit schools can be funded by PROMOS. PROMOS can be combined with the Mobility Grant of the University of Oldenburg.
For further information about eligibility requirements and application please see the Guidelines (in German).
PROMOS scholarships will be awarded by the Career Service in consultation with the scholarship committee according to the PROMOS Guidelines (§ 3). The decision of the committee is final. There is no right of appeal.
For 2017 there are no PROMOS scholarships left.
PROMOS: studying, language courses etc.
In addition to internships, PROMOS can also fund studying abroad, language courses, short courses and final thesis'. Please contact the International Student Office for more information.