Fernweh grant for internships (all countries)
Students who plan to do their internship in a foreign country may apply for the Fernweh Zuschuss.
- 6 weeks to 3 months
- Funding is available for up to EUR 1.000 and is intended to cover costs that are related to working abroad (e.g. travel costs, costs for accommodation). Students who receive BAföG will be paid a maximum amount of EUR 300 per month.)
- The complete application documents must be submitted to the Career Service six weeks before the start of the internship at the latest.
Eligibility and funding criteria
- Students (BA/MA) of the University of Oldenburg
- Self-organized full-time internship in a company, organization or social/cultural institution
- Internship closely related to studies and/or career objective and of a suitable level
- Crediting of the internship and subject-related support from the university supervisor
- The »Fernweh« grant can only be awarded to students who do not receive funding from any third-party organisations (e.g. DAAD, Fulbright, Erasmus, Mobility grant etc.); exception: BAföG.
The Fernweh grant will be awarded by the Career Service in consultation with the scholarship committee according to the Fernweh Guidelines (§ 3). The decision of the committee is final. There is no right of appeal.
- Application form
- Letter of motivation (Guideline: Please see application form.)
- CV (German or English)
- Current Transcript of records ("Notenbescheinigung", download in Stud.IP)
- Confirmation of host organisation
- Confirmation of faculty
- Enrolment certificate(s)
- Confirmation of voluntary work and/or not university related
job (brief confirmation of duration and scope is sufficient)