Office of European Affairs
The Office of European Affairs is a service unit, advising scientists and researchers at the University of Oldenburg, the Jade University of Applied Sciences, the University of Applied Sciences of Emden/Leer and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Ottersberg about European research and education programmes. The goal is to increase the participation of scientists in Lower Saxony in European funding programmes.
The advice and information activities include application and project support, the financial accounting and project management of EU-funded projects. Regular publications of EU-related information complement this activity.
The intensive contacts with the European Commission, the European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations in Bonn and Brussels (KoWi), the EU Bureau of the BMBF, the national contact points, the representation of the state of Lower Saxony in Brussels as well as several other European institutions enable us to be available for consultation at any time to clarify any questions about the programmes, project proposals and projects.
The Office of European Affairs advises scientists to ensure optimum project preparation and implementation. Our service range includes the following services:
- Regular publication of EU-related information
- Conducting of information events
- Support for the classification of a project idea in the appropriate funding programme
- Search for project-specific funding programmes
- Procurement of programme documents and application forms
- Advice relating to the application (programme-specific information for the application, reading of the applications in terms of comprehensibility and adaptation to the requirements of the application documents, cost calculation)
- Support in the implementation of the project
- Support in the preparation of project budgets
- Support with all questions relating to the financing of projects
- Creation of the accounting documents for the Oldenburg project budget
- Project planning and project monitoring
- Consulting in administrative matters and acquisition of correspondence between
Commission and project partners
- Support in the creation of necessary reports for the EU Commission
- Support and advice during negotiations with the Commission
- Schedule coordination and monitoring of project-relevant deadlines
- Controlling of project budgets
- Creation of cost statements and financial reports
Open Access in EU projects: The European Commission and the European Research Council have determined that all the results obtained in the framework of HORIZON 2020 projects should be readily available to the public. The Common Guideline of the Library and Information System (BIS) and of the Office of European Affairs describes how you meet the open access requirements.