Water and Coastal Management (Master)
Ausrichtung und Ziele
The Master of Science in Water and Coastal Management offers an innovative and versatile opportunity of advanced academic education, ready to be put into practice. Taught by outstanding experts, highly conversant with environmental, socio-economic and spatial sciences, students will be trained to manage the water and coastal resources of future societies in a sustainable way.
We designed a unique Double-Degree-Program, merging the best of both universities to provide an inspiring atmosphere for the extraordinary development of an academic and professional career.
The University of Oldenburg gives you the opportunity to learn about the marine environment and to study sustainable management; the University of Groningen offers its outstanding knowledge on spatial science, in particular water management and environmental and infrastructure planning. The ability to integrate both makes the successful student an expert in water and coastal management!
Studienaufbau und Studieninhalte
- Introduction get together: In the introduction phase learners and teachers team up.
- Initial-phase scientific essentials: After the initial phase you will be able to: Emphasize the scientific background of environmental questions and handle methods to deal with them; understand the socio-economical background of sustainability and resource management and to deal with its techniques; work scientifically on a chosen topic.
- Specialisation deeper knowledge: After the specialisation you will have the skills to professionally manage ambitious planning projects, to perform motivated environmental and infrastructure planning and to develop your individual thesis-theme self-contained
- Master thesis the final frontier: After graduating with a double degree you have developed the skills to independently pursue a line of research and to assess and analyse new problems in a scientific way.
Gründe für ein Studium
Berufs- und Tätigkeitsfelder
Further information about vocational field of Biology and Environmental Science
English language proficiency at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- TOEFL test with at least 83 points (internet-based), 560 points (paper-based) or 220 points (computer-based), or
- At least a 9-point average for the final 4 semesters at Secondary Level II, or
- Comparable proof of the B2 level
Tabulated listing of all prior professional experience related to the Master’s programme (Cover letter).
Bewerbung zum Wintersemester bis 15.7.
- Brief information Water and Coastal Management (M.Sc.) (English Version) [pdf]
- Aktuelle Lehrveranstaltungen Water and Coastal Management (Master)
- Website Water and Coastal Management (M.Sc.) (in English)
- Platform for the Study of Renewable Energy (in English)
- Gebührenpflichtige Studiengänge
- Fee-based degree programmes
- Studienportal Erneuerbare Energien
- Akkreditierungsurkunde Water and Coastal Management (M.Sc.) bis 2019 [pdf]
- 4 Semester
- Master of Science
- Besondere Zugangsvoraussetzungen