Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Hauptschule and Realschule))
The Master of Education lasts for four semesters and is a continuation of your teaching qualification. This master's degree programme teaches comprehensive education science and practical teaching skills for education in Haupt- and Realschulen. You will broaden your curricular knowledge in both teaching subjects chosen.
Orientation and Goals
Study Design and Contents
Teaching and Learning
The modules 'Inklusion' and 'Schul- und Unterrichtsforschung und ihre Forschungsmethoden' are an important part of this. During the practical phase, students have access to a network of experienced mentors.
Reasons for Studying
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Innovative research project; final papers can be integrated into research projects; special doctoral programme in teaching and learning research
- Strength in supervision: Intensive supervision through a network of experienced mentors in the practical phase
Foreign Language Skills
- DSH Level 2 (German language examination for university entrance) or
- TestDaF Level 4 in all four categories
For further information, please refer to the language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
Graduates can also work in private and religious schools, in private tutoring institutes or in schools in other countries. Completing the degree also qualifies students for PhD research.
Target Group/Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Written confirmation of successfully completed practical training in a school
Applications are usually made for the coming winter semester. Students may apply for the summer semester only in exceptional cases with sufficient reason, in case an applicant's degree certifications are available by the application deadline.
Applications for the winter semester: by 15 August
Applications for the summer semester: by 15 March
Starting in the summer semester usually leads to an extension of the period of study as the practical course is only held once a year in the summer semester.
- Studienverlaufsplan Niederländisch (M.Ed. HR) [pdf]
- Current courses for Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Hauptschule and Realschule))
- Internetseite Niederländisch (M.Ed.)
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde für das Lehramt an Haupt- und Realschulen (M.Ed.) bis 2021 [pdf]
Your contact person(s)
- 4 semesters
- Master of Education
- admission free
- Special admission requirements