Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium))
The Master of Education (Gymnasium) is taught over four semesters in which you must earn 120 credit points. You will advance your curricular knowledge in both teaching subjects (30 credit points each). In the area of specialization, you will study education science related content (18 credit points) and complete practical training (12 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (27 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
Orientation and Goals
Study Design and Contents
During your studies, you will advance your curricular and teaching method knowledge and follow modules in education science. You will continue your practical training in 9-week long internships at schools in the Weser-Ems area.
Teaching and Learning
Reasons for Studying
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects; special doctoral programme in teaching and learning research
- Strength in supervision: Intensive supervision through a network of experienced mentors in the practical phase
Foreign Language Skills
- DSH Level 2 (German language examination for university entrance) or
- TestDaF Level 4 in all four categories
For further information, please refer to the language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
Graduates can also work in private and religious schools, in private tutoring institutes or in schools in other countries. Completing the degree also qualifies students for PhD research.
Target Group/Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Written confirmation of successfully completed practical training in a school
Applications are usually made for the coming winter semester, students may apply for the summer semester only in exceptional cases with sufficient reason.
Applications for the winter semester: by 15 August
Applications for the summer semester: by 15 March
- Studienverlaufsplan Niederländisch (M.Ed. Gym) [pdf]
- Current courses for Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Gymnasium))
- Internetseite Niederländisch (M.Ed.)
- Internetseite Niederlandistenverband
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde für das Lehramt an Gymnasien (M.Ed.) bis 2021 [pdf]
Your contact person(s)
- 4 semesters
- Master of Education
- admission free
- Special admission requirements