Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education))
In the Master of Education (Business education) degree programme, you will earn 120 credit points during four semesters. The curriculum includes subject and teaching method content in your teaching subject (45 credit points) and economics-related content (27 credit points). In the area of specialization, you will study vocation and economics-related content (12 credit points), complete practical training (6 credit points) and conduct a research project (6 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (21 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
Orientation and Goals
Study Design and Contents
Teaching and Learning
Reasons for Studying
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects in the research focus teaching, learning and qualification research; there are options for the funding of student research projects and PhD opportunities via the Anna-Magull Foundation
- Strength in mentoring: In practical courses and seminars
Foreign Language Skills
- DSH Level 2 (German language examination for university entrance) or
- TestDaF Level 4 in all four categories
For further information, please refer to the language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
The degree programme is also excellent preparation for teaching positions in companies, non-state training and development institutions, personnel development, training, HR and knowledge management.
In addition, graduates can also work in vocational education research at universities, government research institutes, local government and private vocational education research and development institutes.
Target Group/Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Written confirmation of successfully completed practical training in a school
- You must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency are:
- Proof of English study at school for four years or three years, if studied as part of a university entry qualification. At least the German grade 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) or 5 in the last two years of language classes
- A comparable examination with an equivalent grade
In cases of uncertainty, the relevant admissions committee will decide whether or not to grant admission.
Applications are usually made for the coming winter semester, students may apply for the summer semester only in exceptional cases with sufficient reason.
Applications for the winter semester: by 15 August
Applications for the summer semester: by 15 March
- Studienverlaufsplan Niederländisch (M.Ed. WiPäd) [pdf]
- Current courses for Dutch (Master of Education Programme (Vocational and Business Education))
- Internetseite Niederländisch (M.Ed.)
- Internetseite Niederlandistenverband
- Internetseite Lehramtsausbildung (Didaktisches Zentrum)
- Akkreditierungsurkunde für das Lehramt an berufsbildenden Schulen (M.Ed.) bis 2021 [pdf]
Your contact person(s)
- 4 semesters
- Master of Education
- admission free
- Special admission requirements