Economic Education (Master of Education Programme (Special Needs Education))
To complete the Master of education (Special needs education), you will need to earn 120 credit points. The curriculum includes subject and teaching method content in special needs education (39 credit points) and in the teaching subject (30 credit points). In the area of specialization, you will study education science-related content (12 credit points) and complete practical training (12 credit points). At the end of the degree programme, you will follow the Masterabschlussmodul (24 credit points) and the Abschlusskolloquium (3 credit points).
Orientation and Goals
Within this degree programme, you will focus on current research methods in education with specific links to school practice and advance your practical skills: During the subject and educational diagnostics components of your practical course, you will experience school practice and prepare your own lessons.
Study Design and Contents
During your studies, you will advance your curricular and teaching method knowledge and follow modules in education science. You will continue your practical training in internships lasting several weeks at schools in the Weser-Ems area.
Teaching and Learning
Reasons for Studying
- Strength in education: Over 40% of students at the University of Oldenburg are studying for a teaching degree
- Strength in research: Final papers can be integrated into research projects; special doctoral programme in teaching and learning research
- Strength in supervision: Intensive supervision through a network of experienced mentors in the practical phase
Foreign Language Skills
German Language Proficiency
- DSH: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (Level 2)
- TestDaF: Test – Deutsch als Fremdsprache (with level 4 in all four areas)
The proof of language proficiency must be presented for the enrolment. For other proof possiblities see: Language requirements
Careers and Areas of Employment
Graduates can also work in private and religious schools, in private tutoring institutes or in schools in other countries. Completing the degree also qualifies students for PhD research.
Target Group/Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or a similar qualification in the subjects required for the admission to the master's degree programme
- Written confirmation of both successfully completed practical trainings
- social work experience with focus on the special needs education
- in a school with focus on the special needs education
This is an open admissions degree course. Application is only possible in the winter semester for 1st and higher semester.
The application deadline for the winter semester is 15th August.
Only for higher semester: The application deadline for the summer semester is 15th February
Your contact person(s)
- 4 semesters
- Master of Education
- admission free
- Special admission requirements