Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy (PPRE)
We offer a MSc programme on the fundamentals of renewable energy, designed for scientists and engineers intending to pursue a professional career in this field.
Application deadlines are
- 15 October (1 year before entry) only for DAAD applicants from developing countries
- 15 January (9 months before entry) regular application deadline for self-sponsored students and those applying for a scholarship other than DAAD (all countries)
Classes start in early October every year.
PPRE wins Ars Legendi Prize 2016
PPRE wins one of the most prestigious prizes for education in Germany. The Ars Legendi Prize 2016 was awarded for best approach to diversity related teaching and learning. Read more
- TellWind Workshop (14.07.2017)
TellWind is an initiative to help newcomers in the wind industry understand financial risk associated to uncertainties, often overlooked or poorly understood. TellWind offers workshops that explain how to drive successful wind farm economics through careful selection of the right product to optimize energy output while mitigating risk.
- Excursion to PV Power Plant (12.07.2017)
On June 26th 2017, solar energy students (PPRE and affiliated programmes) visited the solar farm “Fliegerhorst Oldenburg”. IFE Eriksen (http://ife-eriksen.de/) hosted the students at the 13.9MWp system in Oldenburg.
- PPRE Goes Four Semesters (10.04.2017)
Following the 2004 change from two to three semesters with the simultaneous start of the EUREC Master at Oldenburg University, this winter term will see the most significant reorganisation of PPRE structure and curriculum ever since: From October 2017 on, the programme will last four semesters and will offer a new study culture.