Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy (PPRE)
We offer a MSc programme on the fundamentals of renewable energy, designed for scientists and engineers intending to pursue a professional career in this field.
Application deadlines are
- 15 October (1 year before entry) only for DAAD applicants from developing countries
- 15 January (9 months before entry) regular application deadline for self-sponsored students and those applying for a scholarship other than DAAD (all countries)
Classes start in early October every year.
PPRE wins Ars Legendi Prize 2016
PPRE wins one of the most prestigious prizes for education in Germany. The Ars Legendi Prize 2016 was awarded for best approach to diversity related teaching and learning. Read more
- PPRE Goes Four Semesters (10.04.2017)
Following the 2004 change from two to three semesters with the simultaneous start of the EUREC Master at Oldenburg University, this winter term will see the most significant reorganisation of PPRE structure and curriculum ever since: From October 2017 on, the programme will last four semesters and will offer a new study culture.
- Invitation to join PPRE&EUREC Women's Network (30.03.2017)
A new PPRE and EUREC women network is to be established. Its idea is to frequently shine a light on and divulge the many great achievements of women - as well as support each other professionally - especially as women have traditionally been inadequately represented in the STEM areas (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Unique Infrastructure for Researching Wind Energy (24.03.2017)
Space for more than 130 scientists, a 30-metre-long measurement section and wind speeds of up to 150 kilometres per hour: the inauguration of the University of Oldenburg's new Research Laboratory for Turbulence and Wind Systems (WindLab) took place in the presence of Gabriele Heinen-Kljajić, Minister for Science and Culture of Lower Saxony.