How to apply to a PhD Study Programme
1. Find yourself an academic supervisor and a way to finance your PhD study.
2. Fill in the application(s):
- Application of the Graduate School
- Application for admission as a doctoral candidate
(necessary only if you are not yet admitted as a doctoral candidate at the faculty II, V or VI)
(s. information about the doctorate committee of the faculty V)
3. Bring the application(s) and your original certificates to the office of the Graduate School
4. For your enrolment please use the Online Registration.
An application is possible all over the year. Please come personally with your application documents to our office, if possible.
The PhD boards of the faculty decide about the admission as a doctoral candidate. The Phd board meets at several dates during the terms:
The admission committees of the PhD study programmes of graduate school are deciding twice a year about the applications. Your application should be submitted until the following deadlines.
- Admission for summer term 2017: 1st February 2017
- Admission for winter term 2017/18: 1st August 2017
Regulations (in German)
Mrs. Oili Tsakmakis
Administration of the Graduate School Science and Technology
Room W3 1-138
Phone.: +49 (0)441 - 798 3649
Tuesday 13:00 - 14:00
Thursday 10:00 - 12:00
and by appointment