PhD study programme Interface Science
(Molecular and Nanoscale Science)
The PhD programme offers a structured, research centered and interdisciplinary course programme for broadening and improving the physical and chemical knowledge on interfaces, including their preparation, functional interfaces, nanoscale and molecular interfaces, as well as advanced materials. Hereby, applications such as energy conversion, catalysis, photonics and biologic and biomimetic interfaces represent a special focus within the programme. The scientific course programme is embedded in the research activities of the Center of Interface Science (CIS).
In addition to the scientific course programme, the students are trained in communication, presentation and other transferable skills necessary in modern business life.
Central aspect of the education is to train the competences for independent research. This is mainly obtained by experimental or theoretical work under the surveillance of a university teacher and subsequent graduation in the framework of the current graduation regulations of the faculty for mathematics and science. This usually includes a presentation of the result in form of a PhD thesis and an oral disputation.
In addition to the research, the PhD programme offers the possibility to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for modern business life. Therefore, the student can choose from a variety of courses, seminars and external activities.
The current programme is oriented on the research activities of the CIS and is completed by different courses for communication, presentation and soft skills.
02. July 2018
09:00 - 17:00
Location: Universities guest house, Drögen Hasen Weg 64Good Scientific Practice in Research
- Who should be first author on a scientific paper? How would you react if you come across...
16. July 2018 - 17. July 2018
Marine omics Workshop
- The development of (meta)genomic-, (meta)transcriptomic-, (meta)proteomic, and metabolomic-based...
24. September 2018 - 26. September 2018
Introduction to Next Generation Sequencing
- Course by Dr. Stefan Dennemoser. Next Generation Sequencing technologies have recently...
25. October 2018
09:30 - 16:00
Location: Universities guest house, Drögen Hasen Weg 64OLTECH Welcome Workshop
- Welcome Workshop for all new PhDs of the Graduate School Science, Medicine and Technology (OLTECH)...
01. November 2018 - 02. November 2018
09:00 - 16:00
OLTECH Mentoring 2018-2019: Kick-off Workshop
- "Methods and strategies of finding the personal career direction and then finding the perfect...