PhD study programme 'Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity'
Profile of the PhD programme
To get a general idea of the PhD Study Programme 'Environmental Sciences and Biodiversity' take a look at the overview.
We offer a three year PhD with courses in three different modules:
- Specialised scientific knowledge (eng./germ.)
- Communicative competences (eng./germ.)
- Systemic competences and soft skills (eng./germ.)
The core of the programme is an independent doctoral research project in one of the participating research groups.
In addition to their scientific research, students have to take courses in three main areas (30-60 credit points):
Specialised scientific knowledge
In these courses students broaden and deepen their scientific knowledge in the context of their field of research and acquire the necessary skills to perform their laboratory work. Students take an active part in colloquia, congresses, summer schools and lab visits abroad (at least 12 credit points).
Students are trained in communication and presentation techniques and improve their expertise in knowledge transfer (at least 6 credit points).
Interdisciplinary competences and soft skills
Students can develop strategies and expertise for their scientific career. The main issues are data management (statistics), project management, scientific writing, publishing own research results, writing proposals for grants and funds, and training for job application (at least 6 credit points).
Further information on the scientific work and research you find on the homepages of Institute for Chemistry and Biology of the marine Environment (ICBM) and the Department of Biology and Environmental Sciences (IBU).
05. April 2017
09:30 - 15:00
Location: Universities guest house, Drögen Hasen Weg 64.Oltech - Welcome Workshop
- Welcome Workshop for all new PhD students of the Faculty V, Faculty VI and Faculty II-DfI The...
27. April 2017 - 28. April 2017
09:00 - 17:00
Creative Science Writing (Natural Sciences)
- 2-day training for preparing or writing a paper or an article. The workshop is adresses to PhD...
10. May 2017
09:00 - 16:00
Location: Universities guest house, Drögen-Hasen-Weg 64Good Scientific Practice
- Ever asked yourself to whom your results belong? Or who is setting the Authorship ranking on a...